Saturday, November 05, 2005

Audio book is awesome

Update! That's right... Back to update this blog again
Not that anyone would care =p

Today I have just finished a book by Thomas Friedman called "The World is Flat", actually, I listen to the audio book in Windows Media Player at 2.0X speed. The experience is great, I get to finish this wonderful book in about 3 hours, which I otherwise would probably give up in the middle of it due to my short attention span.

I like it so much, that I think I am going to do this once I go back to work. I am going to go through my Amazon Wishlist and search them one by one on the company Library website. If they happen to have the audio book, I am gonna grab it right away! If they only have the book (which, they probably would, the library is huge), I would probably need to think about if I would actually go about reading it.


So the points of this post:
1. The World is Flat is an awesome book! Read or listen to it if you could.
2. Audio books are wonderful for people who can't read fast enough
3. Windows Media Player speed adjust feature RULES. Absolutely the best feature ever.
4. Portable audio players, support Audio book as a core scenario. iPod / iTunes already does that, so wake up and do it!
5. Windows Media Audio format has a voice codec that could compress an hour of audio down to about 10MB, and an audio book usually come in as 6 - 8 CDs.

4 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

終於更新啦。

不過你用2 倍速聽? 就是表示他本來唸的很慢的意思?

唉我懷疑書用聽的我大概也沒耐心啊。

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger burger said...

interesting! I just saw my friend reading that book this afternoon, and he told me that book is so great. It seems that I should get one after this semester. 8D

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Snow:

Ha, 他唸的其實也還好 不過兩倍速聽比較省時間囉...
看內容囉 如果你有興趣的話 大概會聽下去吧 想像看看如果你的 paper 如果唸給你廳的話.... zzzzZZZZZZZZ

Michael:

Well, your friend sure has a keen eye for interesting book!

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi joe,

just leaving a message that i visited ur site! i was at bookstore in taipei and saw the audiobooks u mentioned....freakonomics and the world is flat or something.... :)....the audiobooks are expensive!!!!!

aileen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home